Enhanced Magic Combat, Incremental XP Interpolation, and New Runecrafting Altars

What's new

Mod Tyluur

Mithril Poster
Administrator
Developer
Contributor
Respected
The following updates have been applied to 2011Scape by Mod Alycia, please enjoy!

- Experience Incremental Interpolation

Experience is now incrementally interpolated, meaning that beginning at level 2, you will start to see your rates go up by decimal points. (So for example, at level 1 you are at 1.00x, and level 2 you are at 1.04x). This helps keep the idea of interpolation consistent rather than seemingly "unlocking" interpolation/new rates at certain levels.

- Magic Combat

A big update! I've finally finished up core-work for Magic combat and subsequently spent some time working on the elemental spells in the Standard spellbook. With this also comes some mobs using Magic as their primary attack style, such as Wizards at the Wizards Tower, or Dark Wizards in Draynor. I've spent as much time as I could testing this but there could still be some disreprancies in projectile/graphic timings. Included in this update is the ability to auto-cast, change defensive-casting, and filter the spellbook.Most of this code was ported from the original RSMod release, with some very heavy modifications/data entry from myself.

- Resting

With help from @Kevin, resting has been released. All bugs related to it before should now be resolved, and in the event that something did go wrong; logging out will properly reset it this time. Rest away, my friends!

- Runecrafting

The four elemental and mind altars have been released, preparing the game to open up the Runecrafting skill. Though we might need to figure out what that means.. look out for the ability to unlock this skill in an upcoming update. This code was ported from the original RSMod release, with credits to Dread.

- Quests/Cook's Assistant

Speaking of unlocking things, we have finally finished our Quest system, and subsequently added Cook's Assistant! The Cook in Lumbridge needs your help with finding high quality ingredients, and will reward you with a nice stack of coins, and potential use of his Cooking Range.

- Bug fixes, changelog

- Added Lesser Demon definitions/drops
- Added Dark Wizard definitions/drops
- Added Wizard definitions/drops
- Added OpObj2 packet which enables things like "Light" on ground items
- Added a few shops/dialogues courtesy of @deceiver
- Added the ability to mill flour
- Added the ability to pick wheat
- Fixed a bug with the OpLocU packet (item on objects)
- Added the NPC Graphics update block
- Added spawns for regions 12337 (wizards tower), 12593 (between lumbridge west/south mines)
- Opened up the border guards at Draynor and Edgeville
- Fixed an issue with XP counter not counting experience correctly, courtesy of @eocene - Iron now has an interpolated chance to fail - @eocene
- Some bugs with skilling with a full inventory have been solved thanks to @eocene
- Fixed an issue with diagonally interacting with objects
- Made some more effort to help combat animation desyncs
- Other unnoteworthy but necessary changes that help with server stability/emulation

Disclaimer: 2011Scape is an independent, fan-made project developed for educational purposes only and is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Jagex Limited or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates. The official RuneScape website can be found at https://runescape.com. The name 'RuneScape' as well as related names, marks, emblems, and images are registered trademarks of their respective owners.

Back